All-time high revenue of $66.73 million, net income of $6.42 million and overall positive cash flows from operations
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA – MAY 28, 2021 – Mission Ready Solutions Inc. (“Mission Ready” or the “Company”) (TSX-V: MRS) (OTCQX: MSNVF) a provider of comprehensive government contracting solutions, is pleased to announce the results of the first quarter 2021 (“Q1 2021”). A copy of the unaudited condensed consolidated interim financial statements for the three months ended March 31, 2021 and the associated Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”) are available on www.sedar.com under the Company’s profile . All dollar figures are quoted in Canadian dollars unless otherwise noted.
First Quarter 2021 Highlights
- 342% Increase in Gross Revenues from Q1 2020 ($66.73 million, an increase of $51.64 million from the $15.09 million realized in the same period in 2020)
- 916% Increase in Gross Profit from Q1 2020 ($8.23 million, an increase of $7.42 million from the $0.81 million realized in the same period in 2020)
- 32% Decrease in expenses from Q1 2020 (a decrease of $947,290 compared to the same period in 2020)
- Decrease in expenses relative to Gross Revenues (3% for the period as compared to 20% in the prior period)
- Net income of $6.42 million (an increase of $7.71 million from a net loss of $1.29 million in the prior period)
- Adjusted EBITDA for Q1 2021 was $8.33 million (an increase of $7.92 million from an adjusted EBITDA of $0.41 million in the prior period.)
- $9.5 million Working Capital Improvement (improved working capital position from a deficit of $13.79 million to a deficit of $4.57 million)
“I am proud and excited to release the Q1 2021 financials showcasing the hard work and achievements of our team, and the continued success of all our activities, while maintaining a focus on reducing our operating expenditures,” said Buck Marshall, President and CEO of Mission Ready. “As mentioned in our Q4 2020 financial release, the positive trends have continued reenforcing the Company’s strategic approach as we position ourselves for new contracts and opportunities. My vision and commitment remain on strengthening the Company’s financial position and pursuing efforts that build shareholder value,” Marshall concluded.
Recent Operational Highlights
- 2020 Annual Financial Results -In April 2021, the Company filed its 2020 fourth quarter and full-year financial results reflecting annual revenues of $105.1 million.
- OTCQX Listing and DTC Eligibility – In April 2021, the Company announced that its common shares had commenced trading on the OTCQX Best Market (the “OTCQX”) under the symbol MSNVF. The Company subsequently announced that its common shares had become eligible for electronic clearing and settlement through the Depository Trust Company in the United States.
- Stock Option Grant – In March 2021, the Company announced that it had granted incentive stock options (the “Options”), pursuant to its stock option plan (the “Plan”), for a total of 4,400,000 common shares of the Company, to certain directors, officers, employees and consultants of the Company. The Options, subject to the terms of the Plan and the corresponding option agreements, are exercisable at a price of CAD $0.70 per share for a period of up to 5 years.
- OTCQB Listing – In March 2021, the Company announced that its common shares had been approved to commence trading on the OTCQB® Venture Market (“OTCQB”) under the symbol MSNVF.
- Officer Change – In February 2021, the Company announced the resignation of Marcus Treiber as the Company’s Chief Operating Officer.
- SOE TLS Contract – In February 2021, the Company reported that, further to its October 8, 2020 news release announcing that Unifire had filed a Notice of Appeal in response to a September 24, 2020 decision by the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (“COFC”) denying Unifire’s challenge to a December 2019 decision by the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency to exclude Unifire’s proposal from the competition under SPE8EJ-18-R-0001 (Special Operational Equipment (“SOE”) Tailored Logistics Support Program), the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit had entered a judgment denying Unifire’s appeal and affirming the judgment of the COFC.
- Corporate Rebranding and Marketing Strategy – In February 2021, the Company announced that it had engaged Victory Media as a marketing partner to perform a comprehensive refresh and integration of its intercompany brands, websites, and logos as part of a new, cohesive brand design that seamlessly incorporates each of the Company’s business segments.
About Mission Ready Solutions Inc.
Mission Ready specializes in providing comprehensive government contracting solutions through its privileged access to a host of federal contracting vehicles including Multiple Award Schedule (“MAS”) contracts awarded and administered by the United States General Services Administration (“GSA”).
Mission Ready’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Unifire, Inc. (“Unifire”), is a designated Small Business and an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of over 1.5 million military, fire and first-responder products. With extensive knowledge and experience in providing turnkey solutions to the United States Federal Government, Unifire utilizes its time-proven industry relationships and proprietary technology infrastructure to efficiently source and deliver critical, life-saving products in cooperation with government program managers, military and federal contracting offices, base supply centers, and other federal, state and local supply agencies.
Mission Ready Solutions Inc.
(Signed “Buck L. Marshall”)
Buck L. Marshall
President, CEO and Director
T: +1 (877) 479.7778
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This news release contains “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation. Generally, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “anticipate”, “believe”, “plan”, “expect”, “intend”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “project”, “budget”, “schedule”, “may”, “will”, “could”, “might”, “should” or variations of such words or similar words or expressions. Forward-looking information is based on reasonable assumptions that have been made by Mission Ready Solutions Inc. as at the date of such information and is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements of Mission Ready Solutions Inc. to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking information. Mission Ready Solutions Inc. does not undertake to update any forward-looking information that is included herein, except in accordance with applicable securities laws.